Practise First Conditional

In this lesson we are going to practise first conditional and finish the Webquest about Australia.

Remember how to form the Simple Future:

Affirmative: Subject + WILL + Verb
Negative: Subject + WON'T+ Verb
Interrogative: WILL + Subject + Verb?

1. Revise the Future affirmative and negative HERE and the interrogative HERE.


How to form the First Conditional:

If + Present simple, Future (WILL)

If it rains today, I'll stay at home.
Si avui plou, me quedaré a casa.

If I have time, I'll visit my parents this afternoon.

Si tenc temps, visitaré als meus pares avui horabaixa.

(Or I'll visit my parents this afternoon If I have time)


2. Practise HERE and HERE

3. In this exercise you have to put the words in order to make a First Conditional.

4. WEBQUEST: Now you can finish the questions about Australia.


OPTIONAL (només per qui domina molt l'anglès): Learn the Second and Third Conditional

Second Conditional

If + Past simple, Conditional (WOULD)
If I won the lottery, I would travel to Hawaii.
Si jo guanyés la loteria, viatjaria a Hawai.

Practise exercise 1 and exercise 2.


Third Conditional

Look at this animation!

If + Past perfect, WOULD HAVE + Past participle
If I had known it was a secret, I wouldn´t have explained it.
Si jo hagués sabut que era un secret, no ho hauria explicat.

Practise exercise 1 and exercise 2.

0 comments: