2B and C Splitting class

Welcome again!

1. You have to finish the composition about your favourite band!

2. Read:

DANCE MUSIC

a) Listen (CD 1, track 27) to the music and indentify the different kinds of dance music: tango, hip-hop, Morris dancing, belly-dancing and calypso.

b) Read the texts. Match them with the photos of the dance. Copy it on your noebook (photo...........:type of music)











































Text 1:

Tango is originally from Argentina but it's becoming popular in other countries too. Men and women dance the tango in pairs. An orchestra usually plays the music. The music is slow.

Text 2:
Hip-hop is orignally from the USA. Men and women dance to hip-hop music, but they don´t usually dance in pairs. Men sometimes dance at their heads!

Text 3:
Morris dancing is from England. Only men do it. The dancers wear white clothes and the musicians play the accordion.

Text 4:
Belly-dancing is originally from India, but it's now very popular in Egypt, Turkey and other countries. Only women do belly-dancing. The music is very fast.

Text 5:
Calypso is originally from Trinidad in the West Indies. At carnivals, lots of people dance to calypso music. Bands with metal drums play the music.

Texts by Oxford Spotlight.

c) Find some more information about the Morris dance: kind of music, objects they use, origines, instruments they play, what is The Sword Dance?, ...
DON'T copy and paste!!!! Write it in an open office document.


d)
Practise the Present Continuous for the exam: 1, 2, and 3.


Jose Antonio i Carlos G
, anau
AQUÍ


Correct your homework here
(Student's book, page 109 but not number 4)
1. Complete the sentences. Use the present continuous negative.
1. They are not practising the piano
2. You are not singing
3. We are not watching
4. I am not listening to you
5. Tom is not reading
6. Susan is not swimming

2. Write true sentences.(La frase serà afirmativa o negativa segons el que feieu en el moment dels deures)
1. I am / am not sitting
2. I am / am not chatting
3. The teacher is / is not standing
4. We are / are not listening
5. I am / am not listening
6. I am / am not using
7. I am / am not writing

3. Complete the questions and short answers.
1. Is he watching a video? No, he isn´t
2. Is she playing the drums? No, she isn´t
3. Are they having fun? Yes, they are
4. Is she doing athletics? No, she isn´t
5. Are you looking for me? No, I am not
6. Is it raining outside? Yes, it is

4. Not for today

5. Complete the dialogue.
1. What are you doing this evening?
2.I'm staying here.
3. Jack and I are going
4. We are meeting
5. I'm finishing

6. What are you doing after school today? Write three sentences.
Show this exercise to Albert or to me to correct it.

7. What can you do? Write true sentences. Use can or can´t.
1. I can / can´t eat...
2. I can / can´t dance sevillanas.
3. I can / can´t touch my nose...
4. I can / can´t cook paella.
5. I can / can´t swim...
6. I can / can´t read...


0 comments: